Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Everything You Do Over Your 40 Hour Work Week is for Success"

The best things in life may or may not be free. But some of the best and most helpful things I've ever heard about jiu jitsu were 100% gratis and came courtesy of grappling's #1 marketing man, Lloyd Irvin:
David let me tell you how your school runs. Hold on for a second I have to work up my psychic powers. I see a vision; hold on, it's becoming clearer, I can almost see it. Got it.

You come to class, you warm up, stretch, observe some moves, maybe drill a little bit, then you end up sparring and finally you go home.

How did I do?

OK I understand that your school may vary a little bit and that I don't really have any psychic powers but I think you get the point.

That's how almost every grappling school in the World is ran (sic), including mine.

There is a MAJOR problem with this if you want to have GREAT success in grappling.

This structure is set up not for you to succeed, it's set up to provide the masses with a method of training and the basic information that you must obtain to have any chance.

Remember earlier I said everyone learns differently?

Well for you to receive the very best from your training you mu8st know what you need to do for YOU and only YOU.

This may sound selfish, but are you going to class to try to get better?