Thursday, August 24, 2006

Make Me Feel Good

Damn Jiu Jitsu Gear! I ordered a pair of HCK shorts from them so that I’d have something more appropriate to wear on no-gi Tuesdays and Thursdays. I waited six days before posting a “What’s up?” message to the message board. Props to Sam for getting back to me in a timely fashion. He says there was some screw up at HCK’s warehouse on the west coast and that they are “re-sending it.”

I should have asked how they were shipping it because it makes no sense for me to have to wait another three to five days to get my gear. Quite frankly, they should have overnighted it. Maybe they will, and Sam just didn’t mention it. Or maybe they’ll throw in a t-shirt or some other tchotsky. But Sam telling me “this isn’t typical” is irrelevant. Of course it isn’t typical! Otherwise nobody would shop there ever! As the lady said, “make me feel good.” Throw in a little something. I remember when I ordered that white Ouano gi from ssfgear. They didn’t have it in stock, so Ron sent me a platinum weave white Gameness gi. I’d have preferred a regular weave, but the platinum weave is a tougher, more expensive gi and it showed his appreciation for my business and regret at not being able to get me what I ordered. That, as far as I’m concerned, is how it’s done.

I still love the forum at jiu jitsu gear. But if those shorts don’t show up by Friday, then that will be the last time I order products from them. You’ve got to show your customers a little appreciation when things go wrong, that they don’t have to just eat your mistakes. We’ll see what happens.