Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jiu Jitsu Crush Warning!

First, it was Fabricio Werdum, and that great double armbar to windmill combination in his ADCC match against Matt Lindland. Werdum's switch to the kimura/crossover sweep attack ("King Crimson")is now the alpha and omega of what I want to do from the closed guard.

Then it was Robert Drysdale. Not sure exactly why he became my obscure object of jiu jitsu desire for a little while. But his winning of the ADCC 2007 absolute division this year suggests that I was right to spend some time studying his
game.


Maybe I'm just a big Stones fan ... Anyway, now, it appears that Senhor Telles is distraction du temps. With Telles, I'm thinking its the escapes from turtle, as well as his sweeps in general that I've been fascinated with as much as anything else.

Here's a simple clock choke escape and reversal from Telles that I'm pretty sure Mamazinho showed us earlier this spring ...