Saturday, April 05, 2008

Five in Five


Five days. Five classes.

I may have paid the price for my mini-marathon training this past week. Late after Friday's class, I was countering a front roll/flip out of my butterfly guard by rolling with in and ending up in mount.

I ended up in mount. But also ended up twisting my left knee in the process.

It's a little sore early Saturday night. But I can walk fine, so I'm hoping its just a little sprain or something. I'm thinking of when I twisted my right knee a while back trying to fight my way out of a triangle choke using CC Grinder. It hurt for awhile, and I wasn't able to do some Cobra guard/Sitting guard moves with my right leg flat. But it's better now. So I'm hoping whatever is ailing my left knee will go along the same path of healing.

A great number on the scale post-class: 155.4. That's half a pound off the Revolution featherweight limit of 154.9. I was fairly strict with my diet this week, but not as strict as I could be. And the five consecutive days of training definitely helped strip the pounds off. But it was an absolutely great number to see, and I'm completely confident that I'll be able to make 154.9 come July.

I'm still going to see if I can get to 149.9 by the end of the month. That will require some work. But I'd like to give it a shot and see. I'm looking less and less likely to actually compete. But I do want to train at a "competition prep" pace to see what it will be like in the six weeks leading up to the Revolution event in July.