Saturday, November 07, 2009

Torn Tickets

Not a lot to say about my single match at the Revolution event. I was sacked like a quarterback who'd just gotten the snap. There wasn't a moment when I had the advantage. I got taken down with a low single and was desperately playing catch-up until I ended up tapping to a choke from some convoluted position I don't even remember a few minutes later.

It would be an understatement to say that my goals were not met. And there is a pocket full of unproductive thinking that I'm likely to tote around for the next few weeks. Even in a year of bad losses - and going 0-8 in 2009 gives me an ample sample size - this one was as bad as the worst.

Mid-December will give me another opportunity to "bend the curve" - a curve that increasingly resembles a vertical line. I've got enough time to put together a little mini-training camp if I start on Sunday (which I will). But the main focus of course will be in getting my mat time in at the academy, including Cindy's Friday Night No-Gi Special from time to time, which will help improve my wrestling.

Another day at the racetrack, another set of torn tickets on the ground. That wraps up the Revolution for 2009. As the kids say, now's the time on Sprockets when we dance.