Saturday, May 14, 2011

Training Day: Saturday

Prof Jesse led the class and Live Training session. I arrived at the tail end of the class, and got to work a nice takedown/guard-submission drill that Jesse had everyone doing. It was a great warmup for the Live Training that followed.

Jesse had us working in small group shark tanks. I felt so-so at first, but then felt like I was really breaking down quickly after the second round. Due to the structure of the drill, I spent a good amount of time on the bottom or "in the tank", which was certainly good training. But I really felt inefficient and reactive much of the time.

It was definitely great to get a Saturday in, especially now that I'm going to have to figure out a way to get access back to my Friday training sessions - sessions that used to be a great anchor to my training week. But things as The Asteroid seem almost always in some sort of flux or another, so I'm not convinced I'll have any training scheduled clarity any time soon.

In any event, I've got to figure it out. I hate the idea of stumbling around in my jiu jitsu, and that's how I've felt with this on-again, off-again training over the past couple of months. That I'm weaving this patchwork en route to the Revolution is no great thrill. But it that may make this event a week from now the first one in a long time that I've been able to put in the proper perspective.