Friday, November 11, 2011

Training Day: Friday

Scrambled into the academy just in time for Live Training. I'd hoped to be able to get there soon enough to do some drills while the last bit of class was finishing up. But what was supposed to be a fairly easy Friday turned into a few hours of sweat for naught and a much later arrival to training than I'd planned for.

Trained with Chaim, Professor Carlos and Joe. At this point, it's pretty much about roughing up, keeping my body accustomed to the resistance of jiu-jitsu. And roughing up is pretty much what I got. I spent most of the training on the defensive, unable to really work on much that I'll be calling on tomorrow. But fortunately Thursday night was a goldmine in that regard, so hopefully I'm somewhere around breakeven between the two sessions.

156.3 on the scale post-train, and three rolls certainly qualifies as training. I remember years ago on the Friday before a tournament being so close to the weight limit that I was sucking on ice rather than eat solid food. There are many things to be grateful for in the years since, and keeping a lower weight during training is definitely one of them.