Sunday, December 02, 2012

Training Toward 2013

With the first full week of new employ under my belt, I can start to sketch out my initial training schedule.  Ideally, I'd like to add one more weekday training session.  But for now, this is the plan.

Monday: 6 pm - 7 pm - Fundamentals with Professor Carlos
Tuesday: 6:30 pm -7:30 pm - Black Belt Program with Professor Rodrigo
*Wednesday: 12:45 pm - 1:15 pm - Live Training
Friday: 6: 30 am - 7: 30 am - All Levels with Professor Carlos and Professor Dave

I'll also train whatever Saturdays I can, hoping to average every other weekend over the course of the year.  The goal is to have a four-week moving average of 4.0 or better, and to maintain it like a high school kid shooting for a Harvard scholarship.  The Saturday "extra credit" should help on that score

This is the foundation going forward.  It'll take some getting used to training in the evenings.  But I think I'll be able to maximize the time by sticking around after class and making a full evening out of it rather than the "roll and run" that often ends up happening when I've trained during lunch time (this last six month stretch as an active member of Marx's reserve army of the unemployed notwithstanding).

*That said, there might be room for a nooner on Wednesday, half an hour or so, with a goal of just getting 20 minutes of training in.  That would keep me from having more than one two-day gap in training (at least half the time, I'm going to end up not training on Saturday or Sunday).  It would also make sure that I'm sparring at least three times a week since sparring on Friday morning is very time- and student-sensitive.

This one is also, speaking of sensitivities, labor-sensitive.  But if I can, on average, get a Wednesday when I don't get a Saturday, and at least half the time nab both, I'll be just fine.