Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Training Day: Wednesday

First training day of the week, having missed out on Monday.

Prof Carlos had us working on both attacking the turtle and defending from turtle. He helped fix a major mistake I was making in transitioning from the front to the side (putting my knee down instead of sprawling into the guy's hip from an angle, and showed us a very nifty tuck and hop into reverse watchdog that reminded me more than a little of a move I saw Ryan Hall do in a promo to his taking the back instructional video.

A drill day since I wasn't able to stick around for Live Training afterwards. I never have as much time as I'd like for the early class and the late class has me trying to put out maximum effort when I'm well into my 14th hour. That's why I always feel like Saturday is the optimum training day, at least for me.

Looking to get back on the mat Friday for sure. There's a chance that I'll be able to do some training tomorrow if I drive down to Federal Way (much closer than GB Eastside). But even then I'd be a little time-constrained.

159.8 on the scale post-train.