Monday, August 29, 2011

Training Day: Monday

Sprained my toe again over the weekend and that - combined with the after-effects of Hurricane Irene on my counterparts in NYC - gave me the idea to try the earlier class instead of the later class to start off the week.

A mixed move. My toe is still aching, even with the absence of judo. I missed the first 45 minutes or so of class tying up loose ends chez moi and by the time I got to training, it was specific time. We did a King of the Hill drill, with the biggest students playing spider guard to start. I got four rounds in: three passes and one defense.

Live training with Bruce and Mark was a good way to wrap things up. Trying harder to work with knee on belly (per this weekend's study) and controlling without holding. Also tried to put a little emphasis on taking the back, which had limited effect.

Another day, no armdrags. I'm going to have to start penalizing myself for this ...

161.0 on the scale, post-train. Blame it on (UFC) Rio.