Friday, September 30, 2011

Training Day: Friday

Only managed to make the Live Training session on Friday, but the training was worth it. Today I mostly worked on the range game from the bottom, trying to focus on range and control. From the top, I got to work on the new half guard chokes with the lapel, as well as the Flat and watchdog passes. I'm also finding some structure in my Squat Pass that I'm looking to try out on closed guards over the next few weeks.

I also got to work on some survival and escape against both side control and the triangle. I'm getting to the point where the mechanics are in place and all I have to do is make sure that I start from step #1 rather than step #2.

More movement has also been very good over the past session or two, especially as it's allowed me to more consistently attack the back. The take-the-back from side control is one that I'm especially trying to focus on - the latest north-south backtake is still very much a work in progress.

154.1 on the scale post-train. That's about as light as I need to be right now. Next week will start most intense part of the conditioning part of the training camp heading into November, and the likelihood of losing a few more net pounds over the next six weeks is significant.