Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From the 202 to the 206

Back from an action-packed week in Washington, D.C. and, typically and unfortunately, I've been slammed with what has to be my third rhinovirus of the season.

Much more to say later.  For now, I'm consuming enough Vitamin C to liquefy intestines large and small, and praying to all that's holy (and a few that aren't) that I'll be able to return to the mat on Friday.

The upside is that I'm down to about a buck fifty, right now.  I don't know if you are supposed to starve a cold or feed one.  But the fact of the matter is that, like yonder felines, I can't eat what I can't smell.  So my appetite, and my weight, have plunged.

Trying to put into place a few, new, good habits for the second half of the year - and the final quarter of this particular Training Year.  As far as the near-term schedule is concerned, I'm a back-up ref for the Youth Grappling League Summer Classic event on June 9th, and looking to compete as a black belt for the first time at the Revolution on July 7th.  Both goals mean a lot of competition tape study over the next few weeks, which is something I'm really looking forward to.

With this week largely shot in terms of training (save for Friday, inshallah), I've got about 6-7 weeks to get ready for the Revolution.  Assuming my cardio didn't take too much of a hit after a near-two week hiatus , that should be plenty of time to put some polish on the game I've been working on all spring.