Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Back and Out

Back from San Francisco, but not at jiu jitsu tonight due to an abrasion gone bad on my left side. It started as a pimple just when I got sick over the October 22-23 weekend. But it burst and became a pretty painful little sore for awhile. Cotton and hydrogen peroxide seem to be doing a better job of late than band-aids alone. I should be back on Thursday.

Did some work on the treadmill--though I'm glad we did so much walking during our time in San Francisco. Down and back to the Ferry building, up and down those hilly streets ... I don't think I've ever gotten as much incidental exercise during a vacation.

My right shoulder is also a little tweaked. Rolling with George after class on Thursday the 20th was a mixed blessing. It just doesn't pay to roll when you're tired, and it wasn't long before I was really just going through the motions. George is difficult enough to deal with when I'm ready to go. Rolling with him after class and after three or four sessions on the mat means I'm going to have to be a lot more careful and defensive.

Before I forget, the treadmill workout was 3.01/12l, 330/103, 49:01. The middle mile had one lap at incline 3 and one lap at incline 5 separated by regular laps. It might be a little long for the morning at first, but it is otherwise a good routine for Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Maybe I'll shave off the incline laps--which aren't so great for my ankles--and cut the Tuesday/Thursday morning routine to 2.5 miles ...

Monday and Friday mornings are resistance mornings, and I'm hoping to put the 5 mile treadmill routine on those afternoons. It's about 80-odd minutes worth of treadmill. We'll have to see about that.