Friday, July 11, 2008

152.1

My goal was to weigh-in at 153. To hit the scale at 152.1, was almost better.

There were a few weird moments earlier today, like almost falling asleep on the futon when I took a little break in the afternoon. I need to figure out a way to get more sleep. Seriously.

I ran into Michelle (Wags) at the weigh-ins. It was great to see her - I don't think I saw her since the last tournament. She says that she's training at least four days a week ("almost living there"), which made me both impressed and jealous. I wanted to find out if she were competing, but I was still so anxious about making weight that I ended up getting registered and heading off to the scales sort of abruptly, forgetting to finish the conversation.

Also ran into a pair of teammates who were there to make weight. It's always nice to see your guys at the weigh-ins, especially when the scales aren't at our own place. I guess it sort of reinforces the "all in this together" spirit, which is all the more interesting for me since I've got more experience in tournaments than both of them. But I know it makes me feel better psychologically, anyway.

Not a lot to say at this point. I've got my gameplan together and know what I must do most fundamentally to get things done tomorrow. I'm ecstatic that I made weight with so much room to spare (max was 154.9) and am really going to try and keep things on this side of 155 as much as possible. Making weight was goal 1 of 3. Goal #2 is to execute my gameplan without hesitation. Goal #3 is to win by submission. #1 is accomplished and #2 is just a matter of will. We'll see how close I come to pulling off the hat trick.