Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Scripture: Jiu-Jitsu University

Back pain kept me away from my planned threshold training session today on Sunday. Doing some yardwork and review and reflection from one of my favorite jiu-jitsu "Good Books" instead.

When it comes to passing my opponent's best guards, my goal always is to prevent him from ever getting where he wants to be. If I let him go too far, I will be in for a fight and I do not want this. My jiu-jitsu is based on anticipation. I don't have to solve a problem if I can keep it from materializing.

More on this over the course of the week. For now, I'm trying to gear up for the homestretch into mid-August and the tournament I'm not competing in. My 4-week training average is back up to at least 3x/week, so I'm on good footing to try and step things up over the next month.