Monday, October 31, 2011

Training Day: Monday

Live Training only today, some good work with Angus and William. But the real treat of the day was getting to run a few quick drills with Will.

I've been wanting to do more of this for some time. Teammates like Griff and Rene have been exhorting me to do it, and today things finally fell into place a little bit. I got to go over all of my newest techniques with Will: spin move, Marcelo's reverse butterfly sweep (a staple of the 2-on-1 guard), the counter to the backstep pass versus half guard ... It was incredible.

And clearly something I need to do a lot more of. It is as if a month's worth of training happened in about 15-20 minutes. Couldn't have happened at a better time.

160.4 on the scale post-train. I little chubby. But still well under the mark.