Monday, July 29, 2013

162

Less than a month to go before my eighth anniversary as a Gracie Barra student, I've already reached a major milestone.

Last training year, August 2011-July 2012, I trained 161 times, averaging 3.35 times a week. This training year, running from August 2012 - July 2013, I did myself one better, literally, racking up 162 trips to the mat.

At least as of Friday. My knee kept me off the mat today (that and a little rendering unto Caesar, as the kids say), and I won't be able to train tomorrow night. I'm going to see if I can make it to the Academy on Wednesday, which will give me a 14 training session July. That's one shy of the 15/month that I like to think is an above average month of work. But given that it was injury-induced - and won't screw up my new overall, training year record - I'll cut myself some slack.