Friday, June 13, 2008

The Basic

My rehab/training schedule for the next four weeks leading up to the Revolution event on July 12.

Monday
AM: Man Makers (Push)

Tuesday
PM: BJJ

Wednesday
AM: Man Makers (Pull)

Thursday
PM: BJJ/No gi

Saturday
AM: LSD9

One thing is for sure, the time I spent keeping my conditioning on track has really paid off. I've got more energy when training than I've ever had, which I think is a combination of being a few pounds lighter as well as being in generally good shape. Certain things I noticed, like squats being no problem and having more flexibility than I did before the injury, tell me that the six weeks spent on the sidelines were in some ways almost worth it.

There are a few issues. I've got to make sure I get my nightly pre-work prep done before I go out to train in the evenings. I'd like to squeeze in an extra 30 minutes of sleep each night, getting at least six and a half hours. And if I can get all of my prep work done before I head out at 5:15 p.m., that 30 extra minutes will be that much easier to come by.

I'm also thinking that I might be able to sneak in a day class on Wednesday from time to time - even if it's just to roll a little bit. I think twice a week is good while I spend the next 4-6 weeks getting back into the swing of things. But to make the gains I want to make, training three times a week is almost a requirement.

Fortunately, to this end, Rodrigo is adding a few classes, including an open mat on Friday evenings at the Seattle location. And there's always the Sunday session that Jesse leads, with the open mat from 11-12 noon. Given my Tue/Thu training schedule, a Sunday session would actually fit very well ...