Friday, June 06, 2008

Gracie Barra Seattle Inter-School Invitational Tournament #2


The first one was a blast: Memorial Day weekend with three days off, the BJ Penn/Sean Sherk fight on the UFC later that night, and plenty of fun jiu jitsu competition in between. I'm pretty sure this one will be no less enjoyable.

And I'm thinking that this might be a better goal for me that the Revolution event in July two weeks later. At a minimum, it should be a good test of my shoulder - assuming I make it that far.

I'm scheduled to return to the mat on Monday. I'll take it slow, and I'll have to do a few things - like opening the closed guard - from the other direction so that I don't spend a lot of time with my right arm extended. Maybe this will make me have to use my legs more, which would do wonders for my guard.

In any event, these intramurals are looking like they'll be a great way to compete all summer long.