Friday, March 06, 2009

152.1


And is my new custom, the weigh-in photo of who I think will win the main event at UFC 96 a few sweet hours after The Revolution.

Once again, I arrive way under the 154.9 limit. Things were starting to get a little annoying on the hungry/thirsty side, so I was glad to get on the road shortly after 5 p.m. for the drive down to Kent for the pre weigh-ins.

I've started rehydrating with some Gatorade, and will eat in about half an hour or so. No reason to rush.

I'm split between watching some old Pride fights, a little NBA, a little soccer or Batman Begins to relax for the evening. Batman Begins is very inspirational for me, but it might be a little heavy. I remember trying to watch 300 before a tournament and it just made me all the more anxious.

So Pride now and English League Soccer from 8-10 are probably what I'll settle into - that's assuming I can tear myself away from the boxing on ESPN ...

The task for tomorrow is straight-forward. I have my takedowns. I have my game from the bottom. And I have my finish from the top. As long as I stick to the gameplan, then I'll have something valuable about the experience. If I don't stick to the gameplan, then win or lose, I'm not likely to learn what I need to learn in order to improve as quickly as I want to improve.

That's all for now. An aggressive but effective weight-cut goes into the history books a success. Take 'em where you find 'em.