Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sicko

I've been suffering through a cold for about a week now. I felt it coming on Thursday morning, which is why I didn't train Thursday. And by Friday it was full on.

I'm still not out of Infirmity Alley. I've gone through boxes of tissues and enough Sudafed to put me on the Washington State meth-alert list. I've got a humidifier pumping apple cider vinegared water into the home office where I spent an ungodly amount of my time. I'm doing the Airborne capsules, the echinacea with green tea, extra cloves of raw garlic in my salads, lots of water, Gatorade, better than average sleep ... But I've not been able to shake it.

Fortunately, last night was the first night in a week that I've been able to sleep without either Sudafed or Afrin, which is a definite positive. I'm hoping to be better in time to get on the mat at least once this week, but I'll settle for being able to at least enjoy the weekend. I was really looking forward to getting back into training after the Revolution event. Nevertheless, as long as I can be on the mat by Monday night, I'll be able to start my six-week training camp in time for the Subleague event on May 2nd.