Wednesday, July 01, 2009

More on Royler

15 Questions with Royler Gracie courtesy of Sherdog.
Sherdog: When you want to train in the US, where do you go?
Gracie: My training center is at the University of Jiu-Jitsu, with Saulo and Xande Ribeiro in San Diego. When we have important competitions, I go there to lead the training, but it’s important to make it clear that I don’t teach there. Me and Saulo have an excellent relationship; sometimes he sends a private student to me. I have built a nice dojo in the garage of my house, and it’s a nice area where I receive friends and give private classes. But Saulo’s academy is definitely my headquarters in US.

And because I know you want to see it, here is his classic match with Eddie Bravo.

It's worth adding that Royler was recently in town and gave what I heard was a great, 3-hour seminar. A lot of self-defense, little regard for the half-guard and a pretty impressive treatise on why it pays to learn now not to get into bad situations in the first place.