Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Demian Maia: 10 Questions with Sherdog

Here's the latest from Demian Maia as he talks training, his upcoming fight with Dan Miller and the Marquardt/Sonnen matchup.

10 Questions for Demian Maia
Sherdog.com: How are you preparing for the upcoming fight against Miller?

Maia: It’s been excellent. This time, I spent more than a month in Bahia training my boxing with Junior ‘Cigano’ [dos Santos]. Actually, we also trained a lot of jiu-jitsu everyday. I was really surprised with the excellent ground fighters in Bahia, mainly without the gi. I already knew that Bahia had the best boxers in Brazil. There, you are able to train with a South American champion and Pan American silver medalist. The level in Professor Luiz Dorea’s academy is pretty high, and that was an amazing experience. I have to thank Cigano a lot, as he picked me up every day to train. He’s an amazing person who deserves everything he has achieved.