Friday, March 25, 2011

Training Day: Friday

Back on the mat after nearly three weeks. Incredibly, except for a little wind, I don't think I'd lost very much. Admittedly, I stuck with my bread and butter. But it was nice to see that not too much had slipped through the cracks while I was teetering and tottering around in convalescence.

Rodrigo had us working some moves against the turtle from the front, both spinning to take the back and reaching under to pull the far arm out from under the guy. I got to work with both Mark and Clay - GB Seattle's newest blue belt, insofar all of us arrived late.

Live training was good, getting in some time with both Brian and J.M. I also got to drill the tagarela choke with J.M. a bit afterward, which was nice.

162.4 on the scale post-train, which is a very good number given my time on the sideline. I wouldn't mind doing a better job of keeping that figure in check over the next two-odd months to the May Revolution.