Friday, September 04, 2009

More Post-Fight from Demian Maia

This time it's an interview with Gracie Magazine. I suspect Demian will take some flak from some for saying that he "lacked a bit of luck" in being caught flush from Marquardt's counter right. But any honest reader will understand that he's hardly taking credit away from Marquardt.

Demian Maia Talks First Loss
How are you dealing with your first MMA loss? What lessons have you learned from your defeat to Nate Marquardt?

I think I’ve already derived the personal lessons. You learn a lot from any loss. I made a technical mistake, there was a bit of a bad-luck factor too, and a strategic one. There were several things involved. I don’t think there were any mistakes in my training, the mistake came when I got to fighting. I had an excellent training camp for this fight and ended up in a mixture of strategic mistakes and poor luck and was unable to show my best.