Sunday, December 06, 2009

Jeff Glover: Deep Half Guard Gold

I've decided that I'm going to continue building my guard game from my half-guard base, rather than go in a wholly different direction with butterfly guards and cross guards.

I still want to work those guards in training, especially the cross guard. And I will definitely continue to create bridges from my half guard game to other guards like sitting guard and reverse de la Riva. But there's every reason in the world for me to add a deep half guard component to my half guard. And when it comes to the deep half, there are few better than Jeff Glover.

Interestingly on Saturday I tried to sweep Joe with a deep half sweep and wound up in a triangle just as Jeff warns. If this material turns out to be as helpful for me as the Flat Pass instructionals from Tozi and ChimChim were, then 2010 is looking better already.

* Update *

Well, that didn't last long. The videos have been yanked. Here's a link to the DVD.