Saturday, June 26, 2010

Training Day: Saturday

I pulled into the parking lot of the Eastside academy just as Profs Rodrigo and Carlos did. I'd gotten off to a typically late start, while they had been held up by the Rock and Roll marathon that had us all relocated to the Eastside for training in the first place.

My mom and dad in law were in town. But we weren't scheduled to drive out to Index until 2:30 p.m., which gave me plenty of time to train. Due to the late arrival of Rodrigo and Carlos, we went straight into specific training. I got to work with Clint, Nate, Sonya and a couple of blue belts I hadn't trained with before or frequently. The pace was very good and my biggest technical achievement was probably the collar drag during the King of the Guard line drill we did about midway through.

Unfortunately, I was running on empty having not had any breakfast before training. I managed a final roll with Bennie before heading back west for the big voyage north.

Some interesting observations about today's training. In sum, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the new arrangement works once we move into the new GB Seattle HQ in August.