Friday, October 29, 2010

Quantified Jiu Jitsu

One of the things I've really come to appreciate in my three-plus years working with The Daily Planet is the value of quantifying experience.

This is a graph of my training frequency by quarter since August 2008. "Training" includes seminars and competition, as well as classes and Live Training/Open Mats.


I used by quarter data to smooth things out a bit. But even so, it's clear that I'm headed into a period when I tend not to train as much as usual. In part it's because of the holidays. But I know that some of it actually has been weather-related over the past two years.

In any event, one major goal over the next quarter will be to keep the average up. From where I'm sitting right now, November is a "par 19" month. December is looking like a 12.