Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Training Day: Wednesday

As great as I felt after Monday's session, Wednesday's session, in some unfortunately typical regards, was a bit of a different matter.

Good enough technique lesson: three sweeps from sitting/DLR guard. I still don't feel as this is much of a guard for me - especially when it comes to the DLR hook. But there are aspects of the position that are similar enough to the sitting guard that I can probably incorporate to one degree or another into what I'm doing currently.

As for the rest of the evening, as Roger Gracie says, "sometimes you just go to the gym." I didn't feel as if there was a single thing that I was able to work on with any efficiency. For propriety's sake, that's all I'm going to say about that and hope that training over the rest of the week is more productive.

I'd probably feel different if I didn't feel like I have to fight just to get in three training sessions in a week nowadays. But, as the kids say, I do so I don't.

159.3 on the scale, post-train. Best news of the day.