Friday, January 19, 2018

The Euros Are Here!


Just a reminder that the first of the Big Four Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, the IBJJF European Championship, got underway earlier this week. That means this weekend will feature the black belt divisions, including the Absolute on Sunday.

Flograppling has you covered for all the action live from Lisbon, Portugal. Here's a primer on the event, with a focus on the black belt divisions. Note that since that primer was posted, Leandro Lo has withdrawn from the medium-heavy / meio-pesado division.

I always like to take a look at the division I'd compete in if I were eligible (as if that were the only barrier!).


It almost makes me think that it's my destiny (if I choose it) to one day get the chance to square off against the legendary Wellington Dias