Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Kimura Sweep from Half Butterfly

Monday afternoon I got two kimura sweeps. The guy was almost in mount both times, working his way through my half-guard. But my leverage on the lock enabled me to get the sweep twice, the second time eventually ending with a straight armlock from the crossbody.

Here's a kimura sweep from the half guard, through a transition to half-butterfly guard. It's from the local boys at Foster BJJ a few minutes south of here in Auburn, Washington.



I broke the steps down as:

1. Attack outside arm with kimura lock
2. Get far outside leg on the other side with butterfly hook, inside leg keeps half guard lock on leg
3. Center hips, straighten inside leg
4. Lift hoook, turn hips and pressure the kimura lock
5. Follow opponent over in a roll over your butterfly hook side shoulder
6. Finish kimura lock from crossbody