Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miscellaneous Jiu Jitsu Notes

Ezekiel Choke:
I've been having a hard time finishing with the choking hand. The problem is that I don't wrap the head deep enough in the pocket of my elbow. Wrapping the head that deeply also does a better job of limiting the guy's head movement, another plus.

Half Guard Pass:
I've been trying the Watchdog pass and having a hard time getting my knee wedged up inside. I think I need to extend my trapped leg a bit to make space. If necessary, even a half-stand might be necessary.

Double Attack:
Here I need to make sure I get the choke attack under the arm. Otherwise the armlock option isn't so good.

Collar Choke:
Look for arm stuffs and arm drags off of a defense of the collar choke from the guard. Flower sweep might also be an option.

Kimura from Crossbody:
Pin the far arm right at the elbow rather than over the bicep for greater control. Also let the guy turn into you a bit, which will further isolate his arm for the lock.