Monday, March 31, 2008

The Scale: 163.6

My weight was just awful after training: 163.6. That's about what I weighed for my first white belt competition back in September 2005. Granted, what is a bad number for me now wasn't the worst number in the world for me then. But it sucks to have the final weigh-in of March be the heaviest.

I know that I'm eating more to deal with work stress, stress that's not likely to let up until after April when this major project is done. What makes it all the more nerve-wracking for me is that it involves managing other people, instead of just being responsible for my own work. In some ways, it's every writer's nightmare to have to deal with anything other than words and sentences. Hopefully, after April, I can steer clear of that kind of assignment.

Tomorrow should be a lean day: oranges and black tea for breakfast, steak and brocoli for lunch, and lamb with salad for post-training dinner. I still need to finish a week at 156.6 or better soon. Why not a seven-pound week this week?