Friday, February 13, 2009

Diego Sanchez on BJ Penn's Cardio


With all respect to Kenny Florian, a Diego Sanchez v. BJ Penn lightweight fight is something I think a lot of us would love to see.

Here are some interesting remarks Sanchez made about B.J. Penn in the wake of Penn's loss to GSP:
"After seeing BJ's performance against St. Pierre, man, I'd say it's a bad time for him to fight anybody right now," Sanchez said. "Man, that guy has zero cardio”and he goes into the biggest fight of his life with that type of cardio and endurance? I've never gotten tired in a UFC fight. I've never gotten caught tired in a fight. And to see this guy be that exhausted after one round? I know GSP is tough, but c'mon. He burned himself out in the first round just defending those takedowns."

Read the rest of the article at MMA Weekly