Thursday, January 01, 2009

Jiu Jitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro

"Rickson Gracie seeded and molded all my philosophy and thinking regarding jiu jitsu. I am thankful not only for his technique and competition strategy, but for all his knowledge. This is what I teach today. My jiu jitsu is based on his knowledge of leverage.

Everybody talks about leverage, but few people use it in their jiu jitsu. Everything I show in this book relates to the efficiency of the lever and the fulcrum. How can I lift a man twice as heavy as myself? How can I armlock someone who is three times as strong? The answer is always the same - leverage. Keep this in mind when grappling. Always look for positions that multiply your perceived strength while minimizing that of your opponent. These are the leverage points that must be sought."