Thursday, October 08, 2009

Conditioning Notes: "Un tipo più greco dell'italiano"

Did some light cardio and resistance work at the burien top team academy. I'm feeling better, at least in the sense of cycling through my typical cold symptoms and beginning to see the finish line. Unfortunately, I'm still too wary of inadvertently sharing my immunoglobins with unsuspecting teammates to get back on the mat. Given the timing of things, with the intramurals on Saturday, it is looking more and more like Monday will be the first day back.

Here's the conditioning routine I did today. It's a mix of complex work and regular resistance work that I'll probably tweak before trying again.

(30s rest between exercises)

20 decline situps
20 Arnold press
20 incline leg raise
20 DB swings
20 decline situps
20 upright rows
20 incline leg raises
20 push press
20 decline situps
20 Arnolds
20 incline leg raises
20 DB swings

The rest I did with heavier weight in a more typical resistance style, with 2 minutes between exercises and about 5 minutes between sets.

Two cycles of:
20 incline bench
20 flat bench
20 decline bench

Two cycles of:
10 upright rows
10 Arnold presses

Two cycles of:
10 Alt curls
10 hammer curls

Two cycles of:
20 BUDRs
20 one-arm rows
20 BODRs

That was plenty for today. Tomorrow I'll try some cardio - probably the skill-specific threshold work since today's workout had a bit of cardiac power-oriented conditioning to it. On Monday, I was only able to make it through 2 cycles instead of 3. Of course, now I know that I was on the way "down" on Monday. Tomorrow we'll get a chance to see what I can do on the way back "up."