Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saulo Interview

A little pre-funk hours before the Saulo seminar later today ...

Mixed Martial Arts Videos on Purefight


Interviewer: For you for example, you long did it take for you before the jiu jitsu really started?

Saulo: At first I was trying to avoid jiu jitsu. I was trying to win, to not get submitted. But then I was not getting the knowledge. And for every win, there was a loss. So I think, you know, I've got to understand why I am losing. I'm losing because I'm not getting, I'm not being a part of the jiu jitsu. I am avoiding that. And I think that the point that I get to there, I think things started to go really well.

A very curious thing is that I usually got beat until my brown belt. That was when I really started to win. All those previous belts, I was really bad. And I wasn't able to get (good) performance.

Interviewer: So you didn't make that true jump until you were a brown belt?

Saulo: Yes. Until brown belt, I was just a tough guy.

Interviewer: Your learning was just going on and going on until you reached brown belt when it took a spike upward?

Saulo: Oh yes, definitely. That's when I was when I was blessed with the opportunity to stay with Rickson for a couple of months who was the guy who in my opinion gave me a lot of direction in mental aspects that I hadn't heard before. And since I incorporated that in my attitude, in my training, my skills changed to a whole new direction.

Courtesy of Pure Fight.