Thursday, July 01, 2010

"Or Be Enslaved By Another Man's"


I almost forgot to register for the July Revolution two and a half weeks away. The early bird discount was tonight - though I missed my shot at the free T-shirt by a mile.

Already starting to think post-tournament, specifically about some of my frustrations about training in the era of the GB Fundamentals curriculum, how advanced belts tend to disappear from regular class-taking, and what it's going to take to get me to the next level in jiu jitsu - whatever that is - more or less on my own.

Interesting training on Monday - on a host of different levels. Didn't hear a single person mention Fabricio's unbelievable win over the weekend. It was actually a little depressing. A few years ago, that's all we would have been talking about.