Friday, February 18, 2011

Training Day: Friday

With the seminar this evening, training in the Friday class was fortunately just open mat. I got to train with Benny, Brian, Glenn and the ever-treacherous Elliot, whose sweep late in our training session was the first stage in reliving my Seattle Open open weight match from a few weeks ago - as well as being a reminder of a new weakness in my game that I need to tend to before March and its Revolution rolls around.

At the same time, the training session was a very rewarding dip into the waters of not-quite-instant karma, two-step refresher course in the vem e vai of jiu jitsu. It was just the kind of send-off I needed ahead of tonight's seminar with Prof Freitas - which I'm expecting to be a sizable one.

162.4 on the scale, everything but the coat. I need to begin starting the week with numbers like this rather than ending the week with them.