Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Training Day: Wednesday

A quick session on Wednesday as toil at The Daily Planet made a full training session pretty much impossible for the day. I got in three sessions, Benny, Prof Carlos and Elliott, which allowed me to work on my gripfighting, survival and escape and attacking the guard, respectively.

I get a little frustrated about midway through my third rolls lately, assuming a one- or two-minute break to switch partners and all that, we talking at about the 20-24 minute mark. That's pretty much when I feel myself starting to hit a wall and needing a something more than just a transition-break. From a certain perspective, that's not bad fitness and should assure me of the conditioning I need to compete at a faster (and hopefully more effective) clip.

But I still worry that I'm using too much energy in certain instances, not specific enough of when I decide to move or not move so that as little energy is wasted as possible. The big issues here, unsurprisingly, are guard replacement and guard passing, both of which will continue to be major areas of emphasis over the balance of the year.

About 165 on the scale post-train - entered without comment.