Monday, February 21, 2011

Training Day: Monday

A good hard session training. After some judo leg trip takedowns, we moved to work knee on belly attacks using a very tight front seatbelt, opening up the elbows, and sliding low on the hips so as to wedge your northside knee in between his body and his nearside elbow and create space ... as well as a knee on belly to mount triangle attack when you can't or don't want to transition to mount.

Live training with Prof Kevin, Brian and Prof Jesse. Kevin caught me in the same armbar that Elliott and the guy from Seattle Open caught me with and even though the first thing I did when I got home today was return to Saulo's Jiu Jitsu University for the counter and escape, the bottom line is that I've got to do a better job of replacing guard, especially butterfly guard, in order to avoid getting into these bad situations in the first place.

164.2 on scale, post train with another three weeks to go. I'd like to be lighter, but we'll see how things stand come Friday.