Friday, February 25, 2011

Training Day: Friday

Competition-style training today with some time with Brian, Bennie and Prof Carlos. All very good, all very different in terms of what I end up focusing on when training.

Looking less and less likely that I'm going to be able to make February a 15x training month. At best, I'll be able to match my February PR of 14. But I wouldn't be surprised if I end up only making 13 (to do otherwise would require a double on Monday.)

My goal for this training year (August 2010 - July 2011) is to train at least 15 times a month at least 7 times. I made it 15x/month 5 times in the previous training year and 3 times the year before that. It's interesting what missing a training here or there can do to your overall ability to reach an "every other day" training pace - which is a good reminder to avoid missing too many opportunities to train, especially early in the new month.

162.7, which is what I need to be weighing at the beginning of the week rather than only at the end.