Friday, April 02, 2010

GSP on Hardy, Fighting, Winning

My goal is to win. Tonight, my goal is to win. I did not want to engage the battle where my opponent is the strongest. I wanted to fight him where he is the weakest.

Even though I probably could have stood up with Hardy - it's mathematic (sic). If I were to stand up with Hardy, even though I think, I believe my standup is superior, it would have been a risk because that's his main asset. If I go to the ground then I know my ground is much better than his. So it was smarter for me to go on the ground and take the fight (to) where he is the weakest.

That's how I fight. I want to have a long career and I want to be champion for a long time and I want to be the greatest. I wanted to take him out and to take him out I had to fight him where he was the weakest ...