Thursday, April 01, 2010

Tempo Training Week 2, Session 2

Second day of tempo training this morning. Three sets of 10 instead of three sets of eight and I could really feel the difference of those additional reps. During both my second and third series, the second and third sets were broken. Finished, but broken, and broken pretty badly.

I kept the active rest segments the same. All the adaptations are going to have to come as a result of the increased sets of lunges.

What's interesting is that while my quads were definitely feeling the effect of the weighted tempo lunges, I felt more pressure in my hips than I did last week. Arguably, it was the pressure in my hips that forced me to break the sets midway through the protocol.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week - whether most of the "attention" returns to my quads or stays with my hips. But it's all a part of the building I want to do over the next 6 to 8 weeks en route to becoming the most dominating guard passer I can be.