Monday, September 20, 2010

Training Day: Monday

Just Live Training today. I got in some good work with Elliott, Benny and Dex. Maybe a little more work from the top than I should, but I'm not as good at pulling guard from knees/sitting as I could be, and I end up moving toward the top reactively.

Still having a little bit of a hard time finding my focus. I did get in some good work with the defensive Rodeo. But no Rap Star, no deep half, no slingshot ... all of these are thing I need to make sure I cover every day when I'm on the mat. Even the little bit of 2 on 1 that I played didn't take advantage of some of the action/reaction concepts I've been working on to make sweeps, reversals and take-the-backs easier and more efficient.

A part of me wants to chalk it up to it being Monday, the first training day of the week. But it's an issue that I've wanted to deal with for a little while now. And there's no time like the present.

166.0 on the scale post-train, dressed. Fair for a Monday.