Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Live Training: Wednesday

A lycanthropic episode kept me from training the full class on Wednesday. But I was able to make it for a pretty good live training session. Guard/pass guard specific with a couple of blue belts and a tough white belt I've gotten to train with a few times recently.

I'm trying to incorporate the moves of the day - or at least of the past week or two - as well as work on my own material. Especially when working with blue or white belts who I think can really benefit from training the new moves in a live or semi-live setting, this is something I want to do. It also really helps to understand the move to see someone working it against you.

I think this is the key to training every day: changing the time of day, only doing live training some days, probably only doing the Fundamental lesson other days (though I can't honestly see doing that!). If ever there was a time when I could train 4-5 days a week regularly, now is probably it.

161.8 post train. I trained on an empty stomach, which makes it a little inaccurate I guess, but I'll keep the number.