Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Training Day: Tuesday

3b: Tue/Thu pm, Wed am
Front headlock counter to armbar from side control
Posture recovery with guard open on knees
Guard open on knees with single underhook pass

I'd like to get the exact names for these moves. But I never think to write them down when I'm training since my schedule means maximizing training time from the minute I arrive to the minute I've got to leave. Plus, there's probably something to re-writing them in my own language if it helps me remember them better. I'm pretty determined to get through the entire fundamentals course in real-time at least once without missing any days. I'm almost grateful for the fact that we haven't started doing the advanced program officially yet. It gives me more time to focus on the Fundamentals.

Notes: (1): Check hip, check behind inside knee. Sprawl back and take attacker's weight. Step back with far leg and let attacker take you to mat. Post with arms. Inside knee shin against back. Step over with outside leg to S.mount. Hands in face/posture up with headlocking arm trapped for armlock. (2) & (3) Inside control to and drop knee back, slide back and out in drop knee direction. Remember to feed collar to attacking grip. Grip deep.