Friday, March 05, 2010

Training Day: Friday

Just live training today. There were two black belts, Brian Ford and Rique, who stopped by, so Rodrigo did an extended specific training for about 20 minutes. After that, there we did partner-swap sparring 3-4 minute rounds. I got in one roll with Bryan before I had to skeedaddle.

My goal on Friday is to spend more time by arriving a little earlier. Wednesday's I don't mind just doing live training. But Friday is a great chance to review the lessons from both Monday and Tuesday, so I'd rather take the whole Friday class when I can.

Got to roll a little with Brian Ford during the specific. Rodrigo has been encouraging all the black belts to train more often, and hopefully we'll see more of Brian at GB Seattle over the next couple of months.

With the Revolution one week away, there are a few interesting areas where I don't feel my game is as tight as it could be. I've been so single-mindedly focused on guard passing that I think I've lot a little of my feel and sensitivity in some areas I used to almost take for granted.

No reason to get too preoccupied. I'll do a little extra drilling over the weekend and look for opportunities to do more early in training on Monday and Tuesday.

158.6 on the scale, post-train. I have to credit at least a little bit of that to caloric restriction. But I'll take what I can get.