Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Training Day: Wednesday

Just live training today. The break between the Fundamentals class and the Live training component isn't as clear in the early class as it is in the late class. And I felt a little like I was sneaking onto the mat even though Rodrigo had just ended the Fundamentals part and was giving those folks a few minutes before starting the specific training (guard/pass guard).

Mostly worked my standing against the guard in training with Bryan. I got to work a bit with a young white belt also, and tried to make it worthwhile. You really have to pay attention when you are rolling with newer folks if you want to get the most out of the session for both of you. It's especially rewarding, to be sure. And something I'm really looking forward to as I continue to train.

Access to the scale was a little problematic. But I managed to get on quickly for a 160.8, post-train with gi pants and rashguard. That probably puts me around the 158-159 mark, but it was probably a good idea to weigh-in with my gi pants on. That will give me a little extra room.

Rodrigo said that a caravan was leaving from GB Seattle at about 8 am on Saturday. I'll save myself a few minutes and start out around the same time from my somewhat more southern location. Plus, that way I get to zone out on my favorite pre-competition caravan on the out and my favorite synchronized chaos on the way back.