Friday, August 27, 2010

Training Day: Friday

Still felt a little sluggish through much of today's training. Friday is a Specific Training/Live Training type of session these days, which is a nice way to wrap up the week. I'm still trying to get better fighting out of the sitting guard. But it is very, very slow going - or at least so it seems.

The biggest problem is that if I miss and get passed, given the guys I've been training with over the past month, there's a good chance that I'll be spending the majority of my time escaping bad positions. I got completely mauled in one such episode today, hanging on to my choke defense for dear life and waiting for the round to end.

Fairly mortifying. But that's how training seems to go right now. Either I pass guard and remain in a dominant position for the rest of the round, or I get passed and remain in somebody else's dominant position for the rest of the round.

Not a whole lot to say about today's session. I like the fact that I'm training at a good clip these days. I've got to narrow and focus more on what specifically I want to get down in each session - especially in these critical areas that make the difference between a productive session and a not so productive session.

Looking forward to training on Saturday. My shoulder is nagging me some. But between the Super Cissus and the Ibuprofen, I don't anticipate being denied.